Your organization must have a D-U-N-S Number so that Apple can verify your organization’s identity and legal entity status.
What is a D-U-N-S Number?
The D-U-N-S Number is a unique nine-digit number that identifies business entities on a location-specific basis. Assigned and maintained by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B), the D-U-N-S Number is widely used as a standard organization identifier.
Your D-U-N-S Number will be used to check the identity and legal entity status of your organization as part of our enrollment verification process for joining the Apple Developer Program.
Where can I find my D-U-N-S Number?
There are two tools available to locate your organization’s D-U-N-S Number.
D&B may have already assigned your organization a free D-U-N-S Number. Before enrolling, use the Apple D-U-N-S Number look up tool to see if you have one. If your organization is not listed, you’ll have the option to submit your information to Dun & Bradstreet for a free D-U-N-S Number.
Our preferred method is to use the D&B lookup tool.
- Choose Search For “My Company“
- For Business Name* enter in your school or organization name (even just part of it)
- Make sure to choose a State
- Leave the other fields empty and hit Search
- You will see search results for your organization. Choose the best one that ideally says either “Single Location” or “Headquarters” and select “Email D-U-N-S Number“
You will receive an email with your legal organization name along with your D-U-N-S Number. Use both of these to start your Apple Developer Program enrollment.
Once successful, you will receive an email that looks a bit like the one below. All you need to make note of is the Legal Name (REPu Sports LLC) and the D-U-N-S Number.