An active Apple Developer Account is required for REPu to publish your app to the App Store.
Note: This only applies to the REPu Elite platform.
Before we start, let's review what you'll need to begin your enrollment.
- An Apple ID for the Account Holder role with two-factor authentication enabled.
- A D-U-N-S Number for your organization.
- Invite REPu to your Apple developer Account.
Note on the Apple ID: We highly recommend that you create a new email address specifically for this use, such as email@example.com. This way, should someone no longer be a school employee, you'll still have access to the account. It's very important to maintain access to this account at all times.
Note on the iOS device: We recommend a dedicated iOS device for this purpose, such as an older iPhone or iPad. Please do not use a personal device. It's very important to maintain access to this device at all times, including when an employee is longer employed by the school.
Enrolling in the Apple Developer Program
- Go to the Apple Developer Program enrollment page and click Start Your Enrollment at the bottom of the screen.
- Login in with your Apple ID and password.
- Enter the 6-digit Two-Factor Authentication code which was sent to your iOS device.
- Read through and agree to the Apple Terms & Conditions
- For Entity Type choose "Non-Profit Organization". You do not need to provide a Tax ID number.
- You will then be asked if you have the authority to sign legal agreements or if you have been given the authority to do so. You will then be asked to provide contact information for the person that can verify you are allowed to sign the agreement with Apple. This could be, your principal or someone else above you in your school.
- For the Verification Contact, we recommend you provide a cell phone to ensure the call from Apple is not missed. Make sure to let this person know they will receive a call from Apple. It's also important to provide an email address that uses your school name as the domain name (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org) and not an email such as @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- In the Organization Information section, make sure to provide the full legal name of your organization (as it is displayed on the D-U-N-S Number)
- Tick the box for the Fee Waiver which will save you $99/year. Learn More
- Complete the enrollment process and submit to Apple
Note: The person list as the verification contact will receive a phone call from Apple to verify you have the legal authority. It's important to ensure this call is not missed.
Now we wait
After you submit your registration, it will tell you that your enrollment is being processed. Apple will call the contact you provided above to verify the information. Once Apple is done, the Account Holder will receive an email that the enrollment is complete. This usually takes 5-7 business days.
When you receive the email, follow the instructions from Apple to log into your account.
Great job! All that's left to do is invite REPu to your Apple Developer Account once your account has been approved by Apple.
Running into any issues?
If you run into any issues or while submitting this application to Apple or haven't heard back from Apple yet, please contact them directly. You can request an immediate callback or submit questions by email. They are very fast at providing support for this program and will be able to help you resolve the issues.
How to contact Apple
- Go to the Developer Contact page and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Choose Membership & Account
- Choose Program Enrollment
- Choose either Phone or Email